We were born into a primitive survival system, biased towards:
• A will to survive; we were born self-protective
• Survival based feelings, instincts and senses
• A survival based need to belong – abandonment is a primal fear
• A survival based need to fit-in with ‘the group’
• A survival based need to live within fear-based comfort zones
• Fast automatic subconscious responses repeated learnt generational survival behaviours.
Survival programs have never been switched off!
MORE ADVERSE EFFECTS:
• The intellect was not a consideration – it had not evolved.
• The individual was not a consideration – it had not evolved.
• Midlife was not a consideration – we lived only 20 – 35 years.
that the greatest adversary to adult consciousness is hardwired self-protective denial:
• Anything deemed confronting or interfering with your survival beliefs (formed in the first seven years of your life) will be blocked from your consciousness by an automatic denial response.
THE GREAT NEWS:
Your intellect, now aware, can intercept automatic denial responses!
No wonder we go into therapy in midlife with feelings of ‘stuckness’ and powerlessness … when we are naïve to our survival programming.